March 17, 2020
As COVID-19 quickly changes the facets of everyday life, we at Wellfleet are prepared to maintain our commitment to you.
Wellfleet leadership is continually monitoring the COVID-19 outbreak, and we are prepared to handle this crisis. We are determined to honor commitments to all of our stakeholders and continue business operations, by keeping open lines of communication and maintaining services that are very important to members right now: processing claims, answering customer service calls, verifying coverage, administering pharmacy benefits, and working with you to improve access.
We will continue to provide clients and business partners with access to the products and services they need. As customers, we appreciate your commitment to Wellfleet, and urge you to reach out to your Wellfleet service team members when you need assistance.
Our Student members should know:
- Wellfleet’s fully-insured Student Health plans will cover member costs for COVID-19 testing. We’ll waive all co-pays, deductibles and co-insurance. Like a preventive visit, members will have no out-of-pocket costs for testing.
- Wellfleet Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) members, many of whom have left campuses, should contact their student health care centers or visit their school’s page on Wellfleetstudent.com to find a provider. When contacting providers regarding COVID-19, members should advise of recent travel and symptoms, and minimize contact with others.
- If members need treatment for COVID-19, coverage is provided based on their plan’s specific benefits. SHIP members can find their plan information by logging in to their accounts on Wellfleetstudent.com.
- We have waived requirements for student members who typically need to access care or referrals from student health centers. Members can seek testing or treatment for COVID-19 at any local medical facility – including the emergency room, urgent care, and office visits.
- Wellfleet Rx members can continue to contact us at normal business hours, and we are prepared to provide fill-too-soon overrides for members traveling.
- Wellfleet has a dedicated Coronavirus hotline to answer any of your questions: (833) 343-5338. Hours are Monday – Friday 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM EST.
Wellfleet is also committed to maintaining the health and wellness of its workforce by working to reduce employees’ potential exposure to COVID-19. An emergency work from home policy is in effect and we are working to expand teleworker capability. Wellfleet has suspended business travel, is holding business meetings virtually, and only allowing essential vendors into its offices. Offices are being cleaned and disinfected with greater intensity. Employees have been instructed to stay home if they are sick and are advised to practice social distancing.
We are also steadfast in our commitment to protect Wellfleet employees’ financial security. Wellfleet employees will not unjustly lose pay during this epidemic, even if their hardships may prevent them from working.
Some businesses will be making very tough decisions as their revenue declines during the pandemic. As a Berkshire Hathaway company, Wellfleet is fortunate to be a member of a family of businesses that operates with a truly long-term outlook.
The Berkshire Hathaway business model contemplates economic downturns and fluctuations in performance. Our corporate parent understands well the ‘bumpy’ world of insurance. Moreover, Berkshire Hathaway’s financial strength is unparalleled.
We know that you – our members, clients, and business partners – are relying on us to help you navigate through this trying time. We are here for you. We will continue to protect you against risk and provide quality service with uncompromising ethics to you – during this time of crisis and always.
President & CEO